Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Throwback 2 0 1 3 • Cha Chan Teng Tour! | nine-fifteen |

Bonjourcris,




-
Continue with my previous entry, my breakfast cha chan teng tour, here are the following stations I have been to with my friends. 
All my foodie joyful moments that I would love to share with everyone!

-

Still making great credits to my honourable guests, being together and trying out new and delish food.
The C's Family
Coco (CO JIE) @lengnuisheartfood  
RSS
My beloved guests!
I am so happy to have you all spending our sunny days together!

-


November, 2013


Station NINE
Lan Fong Yuen
蘭芳園
2 Gage Street, Central

An eminent Hong Kong style restaurant, a very popular cha chanting in Hong Kong, as well as among tourists all over the world. Provided that Im not sure their history, just find their food are quite attractive indeed, and also the catering stall outside the old store. Tiny chairs up on the stall, perhaps in the past people sat there for their milk tea chills. Quite a special deco and practices! 

This time, I visit the old shop, packed with lots of people inside, seats are crowded and certainly it's not a great place to slowly taste and enjoy ya breakfast. Oh btw, the notice tells that they no longer serve TEA-ICE but the new shop. I guess Im trying it out in the new shop next time!




Lan Fong Yuen is renowned for their silk milk tea, their richness in tea and milk as well as their smoothness. But then I think it's fairly okay, not as what I expect anyway. Yupp, we are coming for their signature pork chop burger in fact, nice burger with juicy pan-fried pork chops, while the pork chops are quite tender too, a must-try one!!





Whssup here:
Crispy Bun with condensed milk and butter 香脆奶油豬仔包
Signature Pork Chop Burger 金牌熱辣辣豬扒包
Hot Silk Milk Tea 絲襪奶茶

With the purpose of pilgrimage HAAAHAAA, photos pleaseeeeee!




-



Station TEN
Honolulu Coffee Shop
檀島咖啡餅店
33 Stanley Street, Central

Following by station nine, once again we are looking for our daily second breakfast! Searching around the Internet, just realise that their puff pastry egg tarts are boasted of 192 layers, OMG! Along the track walking down Central, we get here! 




We have ordered two egg tarts and a Kaya French toast as supplement to our breakfast earlier, the egg tarts are definitely great. Flaky and puffy pastry with warm and rich egg custard wobbling inside the tart. nomnomnom! The french toast is great as well, rich with Kaya fillings in the middle while toast are soaked with eggs, nice nice!




Some more to have:
Puff Pastry Egg Tarts 酥皮蛋撻
Kaya French Toast 㗎咉西多士

Like today, we are super satisfied with our tour haaahaaa! but so fattering! 


-



Station ELEVEN
Kam Wah Restaurant
金華茶餐廳麵飽餅店
109-114, Tsuen Shek House, Ping Shek Estate, Choi Hung

School kids coming for breakfast before school! I always wish to have a big breakfast to start off my tiring lessons-day, so before getting on the minibus to school. Wait, why not go for a breakfast first?! 
My dear foodie friend brings me here, this Kam Wah looks so much alike to those in underworld-themed films in past century! Like in the next moment eating a bun here somebody is going to flip over the table beside haahaaa. Anyway, Im just kidding, people here are so nice, but then as a youngster of HK, well... I just can't believe I'm in HK cus everybody is just in super slow pace. If you need a rush to school, perhaps try it next time hahaaa!



Not wanting to have a heavy breakfast today, so we have chosen toasts and iced milk tea. I believe their bakery products would be more appealing in fact, but for sure these are nice too. Their milk tea are quite good, with strong and rich tea base, not too sweet as well.




Before school choices:
Stir-fried Eggs on Toast  炒蛋多士
Iced Milk Tea 凍奶茶

-



Station TWELVE
Diamond Cafe
鑽石冰室
37 Kam Hon House, Choi Hung Estate, Choi Hung

Another cha chan teng spot around, we have diamond cafe with us this time. I think this tour teaches us an important thing about location, or let say the Wong Tai Sin district, Ping Shek and Choi Hung is not the same lol
So ridiculous that I have never known about this, ahhaaa, I think I will be clever next time, no google map next time, that's what I mean haha



As known that, it has been renovated, the deco inside is pretty much different to station eleven's. Newer and cleaner, brighter as well. Visiting a cha chan teng, I really love to try out their pastries. However, the pineapple bun here disappoints me, the pastry is not crispy but rather soft and sweet, just like those in large bakery branches. And the butter is a bit too cold, so it can't be melt in the bun while eating.




What we have ordered:
Rice noodles with luncheon meat and fried eggs 餐肉煎蛋米粉
Pineapple bun with butter 菠蘿油


-


Station THIRTEEN
Kam Wah Cafe
金華冰廳
G/F, 47 Bute Street, Prince Edward

Treasure in between my blog entry!
I had been going to this cha chan teng when I was small, their Bo Lo Baos are my favourite ones! Freshly baked pineapple buns with crunchy butter top crust and hot pillowy eggy bread, imagine you are having a big bite on it, how awesome is that! Im trying to make myself mouthwatering that I'd love to have one right now!



Kam Wah Cafe is another popular food spot for pilgrimage, so for sure it ever crowds with lots of people, and most of the time there is a long queue outside the cha chan teng, queueing up for the freshly baked pastries! 


oh please, can I have one now?? You can even smell the great bread scent around the corner, so jeng the BO LOR BAO!! But one is definitely enough, cus it is quite big in size and the bread base is firm but soft enough to make you in love with it. 



Having breakfast at Kam Wah, Satay Beef noodle is a must too, their satay sauce is very rich and tasty that unlike other ordinary cha chan teng! I have also ordered their signature French toast, however I have found it a  bit too oily, it's deeply fried many times with oil, ummm, not as pleasant as I expect.





What we have ordered:
Signature Pineapple Bun 馳名菠蘿包
French Toast 法蘭西多
Breakfast Set


-



Station FOURTEEN
Hunghom Cafe
紅磡冰室
G/F, 25 Ming On Street, Hung Hom

A newly opened cha chan teng in Hung Hom, it is quite small and packed, and people there often need rushes for their breakfast! Another busy cha chan teng it is. As a Kai-fong, I cannot find a good place for local style scrambled eggs in Hong Kong, finally get one here - Hunghom Cafe.



Their scrambled eggs are smooth and a lil mushy with eggy scent! And something out of the photo, it is a must to try out their Croissant with butter and condensed milk, it definitely brings you a beautiful and sweet morning with the buttery pastry remaining in your mouth! Another highlight, they serves thick toastie in breakfast set, but then their butter in toast is just a lil salty! 




Simple Breakfast Today:
Toast with Condensed Milk and Peanut Butter 奶醬多士
Breakfast Set E - Toast with Butter, Ham and Scrambled Eggs, Iced Milk Tea 牛油多士, 煙火腿, 炒蛋, 凍奶茶


-



Station FIFTEEN
Tsui Wah Restaurant
翠華餐廳
Anywhere!

Should I say this is the most expensive cha chan teng? Not exactly, but yea what i can say Im preferring Tsui Wah all the time, except for the crispy bun! Checking the bill, I really can't believe that they costs $40 anyway...... sigh but still I want their crispy bun. Ironic haha! What's more for my breakfast, this is my first taste of Fei-jau 啡走, coffee without milk and sugar but condensed milk, umm a quite interesting try but I prefer ordinary coffee more! 




My choices today:
Black and white crispy bun - sesame sauce and condensed milk 黑白奶油脆豬
Cafe sans lait et sucre 啡走


-

A lot more cha chan tengs coming up that we have tried out! Actually I do think that I should try out more different food for cha chan teng, so should I turn my tour to afternoon rather than morning breakfast lol






Bises,


Crystal




Cha Chan Teng Tour | nine-fifteen |
Lan Fong Yuen, Central  •  Honolulu Coffee Shop, Central  •  Kam Wah Restaurant, Choi Hung
Diamond Cafe, Choi Hung  •  Kam Wah Cafe, Prince Edward  •  Hunghom Cafe, Hung Hom
Tsui Wah Restaurant


For more...

Cha Chan Teng Tour  | one-eight |
The Match Box, Causeway Bay  •  Lung Fung Cafe, Tai Hang  •  Australian Dairy Co., Jordan
Shang-hai Zhen Mei, Tseung Kwan O  •  Wing Sing Cafe, Hung Hom  •  Grand Coffee Shop, Wan Chai
Ying Kee Restaurant, Wan Chai  •  Fameux Cuisine, Hung Hom
Cha Chan Teng Tour | sixteen-twenty |
Sing Heung Yuen, Central  •  Man Wah Coffee Shop, Hung Hom  •  Hoi On Coffee Shop, Sheung Wan
Shui Kee Coffee Shop, Sheung Wan  •  Gala Cafe, Tsuen Wan

No comments:

Post a Comment